GHEE MASHED POTATOESPass the potatoes! The perfect side for every feast.
GHEE MASHED POTATOES
Pass the potatoes! The perfect side for every feast.
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes
- ¼ cup goat milk (or whole milk)
- ¼ cup ghee Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Fresh chives, minced (optional)
- 1. Fill a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 2. Peel the potatoes and cut into uniform pieces. 1 ½ - 2” chunks.
- 3. Add the potatoes to the water and boil until fork tender.
- 4. Once tender, strain the potatoes and let cool and slightly dry for about 3 minutes.
- 5. If you have a stand mixer, transfer the potatoes, ghee and milk to the mixing bowl with the whisk attachment attached. Whisk until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Careful not to over mix!
- 6. For a traditional method, just combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mash together until smooth and uniform.