Pasture-Raised TurkeyThanksgiving the Belcampo Way
Thanksgiving the Belcampo Way
- 1 Turkey
- 1 lb Belcampo Lard or Butter
For The Dry Brine:
- 1/2 Cup Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Dry Thyme
- 2 tsp Dry Ground Sage
- 1 tsp Finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- Remove your turkey from the packaging, and place on a large cutting board.
- Pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
- Liberally season the entire turkey, including the inside cavity of the turkey.
- Place the uncovered turkey, breast side up, into the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before cooking.
- Coat the turkey with warmed lard or butter. Stuff the cavity with herbs or stuffing (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Transfer the turkey to the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 320˚F. Roast for 15 minutes per pound. Basting every 30 minutes.
- Cook to 155˚F. Remove from the oven and tent with foil. Allow the turkey to rest for 15 minutes before carving.