Pumpkin Olive Oil CakeA decadent cake thats the perfect end to your thanksgiving feast!
Pumpkin Olive Oil Cake
A decadent cake thats the perfect end to your thanksgiving feast!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 lemons or of one orange
- 1 cup Canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 cup superfine Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1. Separate 6 eggs.
- 2. In a stand mixer, beat yolks with 1 1/2 cup sugar for 6-8 minutes, until thick and creamy (If you’d like a sugar free keto friendly cake, replace this sugar with Lakanto Monkfruit sweetener ).
- 3. Turn off the stand mixer and add the following to the bowl: extra virgin Oil canned pumpkin puree & Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- 4. Whisk an additional minute.
- 5. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites with 1 teaspoon salt until they form stiff peaks.
- 6. Remove the bolt from the stand mixer and with a spatula, fold 2 cups of the superfine almond flour into the egg/ sugar mixture, then fold in half the egg whites, then the next 2 cups superfine almond flour, and the remainder of the egg whites.
- 7. Pour the dough either into a 10 or 12” silicone baking pan, uncreased, or into a regular pan lined with a circle of parchment paper drizzled with a little olive oil. This is a sticky cake so the silicone pan is a great option if you have one.
- 8. Bake at 375ºF for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean with no crumbs adhering.
- 9. Let cool, unmold from the pan, you can top with powdered sugar and zest if you’d like!