Tuscan Sausage + Basil PastaSay hello to cooler nights with this warm, savory pasta dish!
Tuscan Sausage + Basil Pasta
Say hello to cooler nights with this warm, savory pasta dish!
- 1 pound bulk tuscan sausage
- 4 medium zucchini, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- One cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1 lb. pasta
- Salt + pepper
- 1. Heat a large, heavy bottom skillet over high heat. Add sausage to pan, sear and crumble for approximately 8 minutes.
- 2. Once browned, remove sausage from pan and set aside. Add zucchini and garlic to the rendered fat in the pan, sprinkle with salt, and cook on high heat until browned (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- 3. Add crumbled sausage back to the pan and combine all.
- 4. Meanwhile, Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti to al dente (approximately 1 minute less than package cooking instructions). Once cooked, use tongs to pull cooked noodles from the water and add to your waiting pan of sausage and zucchini.
- 5. Add 1 cup of cooking liquid to the pan and increase heat slightly to boil off extra water and finish pasta. If you eat dairy, add one cup grated parmesan at this point. Tear fresh basil and sprinkle over pasta, and add salt and fresh cracked pepper.