Location: Palo Alto
Job Title: Line Cook
Employment Type: Full Time (40+ hours)
Salary Range: $14-16 an hour
The Line Cook bears responsibility for checking in with Head/Sous Chef and ensuring that the Head/Sous Chef are aware of the status of the products and supplies. The Line Cook assists in opening and/or closing the station and making sure all prep work is complete by the scheduled time of opening and/or closing. They are responsible for keeping their station clean and sanitized, as well as coming to work on time. They are expected to run their station cleanly and efficiently during service.
- Prepare family meals
- Maintain and assure highest level of quality for all fresh prepared food products
- Execute dishes with great attention to quality, as specified by Head Chef
- Assist in training line cooks and dishwashers
- Assist line cooks, assessing quality and correcting when appropriate
- Ensure compliance with local health department and other regulations
- Assess quantity and quality of all station prep and mise en place
- Complete station inventories and checklists
- Keep station clean and organized, including regular deep cleanings
- Inform chef in timely fashion of any shortages or quality issues
- Nightly ordering, when necessary
- Assist in general tasks as specified by Chefs & General Manager
Belcampo is a lot of things: a farm, a processing plant, a neighborhood butcher shop and a restaurant. What unites everything we do is our singular commitment to provide you with delicious, organic, and humane meat you can feel good about buying and eating.
We offer the following benefits to all of our employees:
- 50% off at our restaurants and butcher shops;
- Eligible for our retirement plan after 90 days;
- Flexible schedules;
- Pre-tax commuter benefits;
- Opportunity for growth within the company;
- Generous paid sick time policy (up to 9 days per year!)
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!
To apply, please respond to this add with your resume and cover letter.