Belcampo Farms Meat Camp Covid-19 ProtocolsHello Farm Guests:
We hope that you and loved ones are doing well during these unprecedented times. Because of the current a lot has changed, we want to offer an update on our 2021 Farm Events.
We have used California’s Roadmap for Reopening to inform our decisions. And we will continue to do so as restrictions change. Every county in California is assigned to a tier based on its test positivity and adjusted case rate. Our county, Siskiyou, provides Covid information via press releases. When relevant, the release information indicating the tier of the county.
Out of care and concern for the health and safety of our business, employees, and community, we decided to ease into reopening the farm to guests.
Our Current Plan
We decided to move our 2021 Meat Camp events to September. We remain hopeful that a significant percentage of people will have the opportunity to be vaccinated by then.
Guests who attend a Meat Camp with another guest on their registration will share the same tent. Attendees that wish to come solo are encouraged to purchase the BYOT, Bring Your Own Tent option. We will not have glamping tents available for singles.
Social distancing protocols
- Reminders about distancing will be posted around the event areas: gazebo, driveway, greenhouse and barn.
- In addition to tent assignments, bathrooms will also be assigned. At low capacity, each tent will have a private bathroom. At max capacity, 2 tents will share 1 bathroom.
To promote awareness of cleanliness and curb the spread of germs, guest communications will include:
- The importance of frequent handwashing with soap and water, including scrubbing with soap for 20 seconds (or using hand sanitizer with at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol when one cannot get to a sink or hand washing station, per CDC guidelines).
- Guests and visitors will be provided hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Bathrooms will be stocked with disinfecting shower spray, hand sanitizer and antibacterial soap.
- Guests will be required to wear face masks if harvesting produce from the orchard.
- Guests will be prohibited from harvesting from the greenhouse.
- Face masks will be offered to all Meat Camp guests.
- Tents and activity areas will be equipped with proper sanitation products, including hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes..
- Staff will perform a thorough cleaning in high traffic areas, specifically the outdoor areas & bathrooms.
- Whenever possible, staff will use only cleaning chemicals approved for use against COVID-19 (and listed on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved list).
- Guests will be required to place dirty linens and towels in bags prior to check-out. Bagged soiled linens should be left in tents.
- All bed linen and laundry will be washed at a high temperature and cleaned in accordance with CDC guidelines prior to guests arrival. Bleach will be used.
Group size during Meat Camp activities
We typically host between 18-25 guests at our Meat Camp events. Guests will be assigned into two groups for activities and curriculum. The two groups will be loosely associated with one another during a Meat Camp. But we will maintain recommended social distancing guidelines throughout the event.
As a precautionary measure, we will screen guests with a questionnaire upon arrival.
- Belcampo culinary staff, farm team, and guests will be screened prior to the start of any farm event. We will ask if a person has recently traveled to a location with a high risk of exposure, had contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, or are experiencing symptoms of the virus. Information gathered will be kept confidential. We may limit access to guests based on information provided relating to potential exposure to COVID-19.
Refund policies and cancellation of events
- 60 days before a scheduled farm event - the Belcampo Farm Team will decide whether or not to host an event based on current state or county restrictions. A no go is final, and negates the 30 day decision.
- 30 days before the event - Belcampo Team makes final evaluation on health risks, and the event is deemed a go, or cancelled.
- Guests will be notified if an event is cancelled. Full refunds will be issued if Belcampo Farms decides to cancel an event.
- We will issue a full refund for any event 30 days prior to the start of the scheduled event.
- If you need to cancel or postpone your registration 29 days prior to the start of the scheduled event you will be provided registration at a 2022 comparable farm event at no additional cost.
If you have any questions or concerns don’t hesitate to contact Michael Higgs, email@example.com.
We look forward to sharing all the farm has to offer with our guests.
The Belcampo Farm Team