Our Lamb Merguez Sausage is made with Belcampo Organic, pasture-raised lamb and a Moroccan spice blend. Its tasty, spicy, earthy flavor provides a great addition to a braise. Or, try it grilled on skewers with vegetables over a bed of couscous or arugula and let it be the star of the show!
- Each package includes 1 lb. of Lamb Merguez Sausage
- This can serve 4-6 people
- Best kept in the refrigerator for 4 days or frozen in original packaging for up to 4 months
- The meat’s consistency will drop slightly if refrozen (will be slightly mushy) but refreezing up to 1 time after thawing poses no health risk if the product is kept in original unopened packaging
- Thaw 8 hours in refrigerator or 2 hours at room temperature (75° max) before cooking
- To serve, heat on grill or in pan on stovetop at medium heat. Cook until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees and sausages start to brown.
Lamb*, Sea Salt, Jalapeno Pepper*, Garlic*, Smoked Paprika*, Evaporated Cane Juice*, Fennel Seed*, Coriander*, Cumin*, Chili Flake*, Turbinado Sugar*, Black Pepper*, Sodium Carbonate, Allspice*, Silicon Dioxide, and Natural Flavors, in a Sheep Casing. *Organic.
At Belcampo, they raise their animals on Belcampo Farms, located at the base of Mount Shasta in Northern CA. Their farm, and their practices are crafted with compassion and sustainability at their core, which makes for delicious meat that’s good for you and the planet too. Their farm is Animal Welfare Approved (AWA) and is Certified Organic by California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF). Belcampo meat produced at Belcampo Butchery is also USDA inspected.