- Large Cast Iron Skillet (Or Stainless Steal Skillet)
Yield: 8oz-12oz per person.
- Rub steak on all sides with 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Heat a cast iron pan or stainless steal skillet on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Place the steak fat-side down (standing on it’s edge) in the center of the skillet for 2 minutes. If it topples over, hold it upright using a pair of kitchen tongs. Some fat will render off the steak as you cook the fat cap in the skillet.
- After two minutes, lay the steak flat and reduce the heat to medium high. Cook for 3 minutes on each side. Turn off the heart and let the steak rest in the pan with the residual heat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Let rest, covered, for 5 minutes and serve.